Soooooo it's no secret that I like Harry Potter. Just a smidge. Apparently, I'm not alone. Whenever people want to read something that's similar, or maybe they aren't quite ready for the bigger volumes of 4-7, here are some books that might fit the bill:
Top Ten Books For People Who Like
J.K. Rowling Harry Potter
1) Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Rick Riordan
2) Savvy, by Ingrid Law
3) A Series of Unfortunate Events, by "Lemony Snicket"
4) The Tale of Desperaux, by Kate DiCamillo
5) Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke
6) The Witches, Roald Dahl
7) A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeline L'Engle
8) The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
9) The Golden Compass (aka Northern Lights), by Phillip Pullman
10) Haroun and the Sea of Stories, by Salman Rushdie
Obviously there are so many other books that could serve as recommended reading to someone who likes/loves Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling. It depends on the person/age/what they like about the books/her writing. What are your thoughts?
More lists and author choices at The Broke and the Bookish!