Jun 19, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Summer TBR List

Aggh too many books to read.  I can't handle it.  I didn't even come close to finishing my Spring list, because other books floated, yes floated, across my line of vision and I just had to have them.  So here we are:

Top Ten Books on My Summer To Be Read List:

1) City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare
The students in the school library where I work are always upset with me that I've never read The Mortal Instruments series, so I promised that I would look into it over the summer.

2) Uglies, by Scott Westerfield
Last semester, this book came up about 20 times during class presentations, so I think that's a sign that I need to read it. 

3) Mr. Popper's Penguins, by Richard and Florence Atwater
I have never read this book.

4) Mennonite in a Little Black Dress, by Rhoda Janzen
It's one of those memoirs I used to see on display all the time in Borders (*tear*) and I would always think to myself, I'll read that one day.

5) Stardust, by Neil Gaiman
I've still only ever read one Gaiman book and that is just unacceptable in my field.  Or so I'm told. 

6) A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, by Betty Smith
I've never read this book and because it's referenced all of the time, I think it's necessary.  And speaking of trees...

7) The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein
I've also never actually read this one either.  Go ahead. Judge me.

8) Bunheads, by Sophie Flack
I might find myself getting sucked into the new ABC Family show because I love the Sutton Foster, so I want to read the book before any marathons pull at my willpower. 

9) Shadow Puppets, by Orson Scott Card
Someone might get upset if I don't read this fast enough, but it's definitely on my list of things to read super soon.  =)

10) Unwind, by Neal Shusterman
It just looks so good. 

Go look at other people's choices at The Broke and the Bookish and drown yourself in more books like I doooooooo!

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow...you haven't read City of Bones? You must, must read that this summer! :)

    New follower. Here's my top 10!

    http://www.wholly-books.com/2012/06/top-10-tuesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have it on hold at the library right now.

      Delete
  2. Bunheads looks really good. I have been wanted to read that book for a while but haven't got around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came in when I was volunteering at a library and it's been out ever since. I regret not snagging it first. =P

      Delete
  3. Stardust is on my list too. Ridiculous never to have read it and I love the film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Giving Tree was my favorite book growing up. I hope you enjoy it! Stardust is on my TBR list, I keep telling myself I'll get to it but I never do.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the gist of the story, but I feel I should actually take the few minutes and read it as intended. Everytime I think about the book, I remember the clip of Jack from 30 Rock reading it.

      Delete
  5. those series are amazing! I hope you enjoy them. I've been seeing Bunheads around and I'm getting rather curious. :)
    My Top Ten Tuesday: http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/top-ten-tuesday-summer-to-be-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome list! I really want to read Stardust too, I loved the movie. I wasn't a fan of City of Bones but so many teens do love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every teen I encounter at work has professed some sort of disbelief when they find out I've never read any of them!

      Delete