I hate the beach. I'm the type of person who can get sunburned while still indoors, so the beach and I aren't exactly friendly. Also, whenever you read at the beach, sand gets in the book and it will forever be crunchy as you turn the pages. And don't get me started on why people think bringing an expensive e-reader to a place that specializes in sand, water and kids throwing both sand and water is a good idea. But hey, some people associate the beach with reading, so I guess I'll take what I can get.
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend As Good Beach Reads
1) Stephanie Plum series, by Janet Evanovich
2) The Other Boleyn Girl, by Phillipa Gregory
3) Pretty Little Liars series, by Sara Sheppard
4) Insatiable, by Meg Cabot (Don't judge by the cover, it's a book that tears Twilight apart - hilarious)
5) The Eight, by Katherine Neville
6) My Name is Memory, by Ann Brashares
7) I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell, by Tucker Max (I'm personally not a fan, but I hear that his books are good beach reads so...blah)
8) Playground: A Childhood Lost Inside the Playboy Mansion, by Jennifer Saginor (Because really, where else is reading this going to be acceptable?)
9) I am Number Four, by "Pittacus Lore"
10) Digital Fortress, by Dan Brown
More at The Broke and the Bookish!