May 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favorite Quotes From Books

I tried, I really tried, but it's pretty obvious from the get go that a large chunk of these are going to be from Harry Potter.  If I could just count the entirety of the series as one long quote, I would, but alas, here are my

Top Ten Favorite Quotes from Harry Potter Books:

1. "I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends."  
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, by J.K. Rowling

2. "Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good is it? I've tried a few simple spells myself and they've all worked for me. Nobody in my family's magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was ever so pleased, of course, it's the best school of witchcraft there is I've heard - I've learned all the course books by heart of course. I just hope it will be enough - I'm Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you?" 
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, by J.K. Rowling

(*Sidenote, I used to practice that line in the hopes that there would be an audition to play Hermione in the movie.*)

3. "Why are you worrying about You-Know Who? You should be worrying about U-No-Poo - the Constipation Sensation that's gripping the nation!" 
-Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, by J.K. Rowling

4. "Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love" 
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling

5. "All was well." 
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling

6. "There have been five great kisses since 1642 B.C., when Saul and Delilah Korn's inadvertent discovery swept across Western Civilization.  (Before then couples hooked thumbs.)"  
The Princess Bride, by William Goldman

7. "...better be happy old maids than unhappy wives, or unmaidenly girls, running about to find husbands." 
- Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott

8. “It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don’t like something, it is empirically not good. I don’t like Chinese food, but I don’t write articles trying to prove it doesn’t exist.” 
-Bossypants, by Tina Fey

9.  "A messy home sends a coded message to children: "I'm not loveable. Otherwise, Mom would dust."
- I Am America (And So Can You!), by Stephen Colbert

10. "I am haunted by humans."
- The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak


More at The Broke and the Bookish!

No comments:

Post a Comment