May 29, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Hope Are Still Being Read in 30 Years

Top Ten Books Written In The Past 10 Years That I Hope Are Still Being Read In 30 Years

1. Harry Potter, by J.K. Rowling
Duh.

2. The Invention of Hugo Cabret, by Brian Selznick
It's visually and emotionally beautiful, so it needs to stick around.  I'm hoping the movie actually helps expose people to the book, but I fear that people will just choose the movie instead. 

3. Boy Meets Boy, by David Levithan
Basically I'm hoping that 30 years from now some plastic looking, robot acting person doesn't end up jailing anyone who believes in gay rights, and people can still read this book.

4. The Book Thief, by Markus Zusack
 Because it is unique and perfect.

5. Bossypants, by Tina Fey
I already live by the rules of the Fey, so I'm hoping in 30 years there are some awkward girls out there who will do the same and end up the coolest women in the world.

6. Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis, by Al Gore
Either this one or the Young Reader's Edition, or really any book that's about global warming and how to combat it.  

7. The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
I just really liked it.

8. Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!, by Mo Willems
IT'S SO CUTE!!!

9. When You Reach Me, by Rebecca Stead
Not only is it a clever book, but if people are still reading it 30 years from now then it also means that people will still be interested in A Wrinkle in Time.  Not that they wouldn't be, but...

10. American Born Chinese, by Gene Luen Yang
Firstly, because it's a graphic novel and I really hope they're still going strong in the future.  Secondly, because it addresses prejudice in an interesting way and I think it's an always important topic to read about, like how you always have to watch Remember the Titans in school yearly (best day ever each year).

More Top Ten Tuesdays at The Broke and the Bookish

3 comments:

  1. I forgot the Book Thief! Glad you included it on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend! I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award :) You can find more info here!

    ReplyDelete