Dec 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: My Winter TBR List

It's so hard for me to pick out what books to read next.  But here are 10 that I know I'll be reading this winter:

Top Ten Books on my Winter TBR List:

1. The House of the Scorpion, by Nancy Farmer


A student made me promise I would read this ASAP because it's her favorite book of all time.

2. Cinder, by Marissa Meyer


Another recommendation from a student.  She was so excited about this book, so I had to add it to my list.

3. The Strange Case of Origama Yoda, by Tom Angleberger


Every time I see a book from this series, I'm curious.

4. A Game of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin


Alright, this one is a lofty feat for me because I love books that I can read in one day, or at least over the span of a few days.  But everyone keeps telling me to give it a try, so I think I will.

5. Liar and Spy, by Rebecca Stead


I loved When You Reach Me and have been meaning to try Stead's other novel.  

6. Bumped, by Megan McCafferty


I'm a dystopia addict, what can I say?

7. Franny and Zooey, by J.D. Salinger


This book has been on my list for far to long.  It's time to add this to my "already read" pile.  

8. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Graphic Novel, by Ransom Riggs


I was unbelievably excited when I saw this book in a store earlier this month.

9. Jane, the Fox, and Me, by Fanny Britt


I read a review of this graphic novel, and it looks incredible. I can't wait to read it.

10. Always Alice aka Now I'll Tell You Everything, by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor


The last book in the Alice series came out earlier this year.  I will have to do some refreshing reading of earlier books, but I look forward to reading the ending of a series I grew up with. 

Check out more books over at The Broke and the Bookish!

No comments:

Post a Comment