The top "bookish" people I want to meet in absolutely no order (aside from number 1)
1) JK ROWLING!!! I would want her genius to rub off on me. Sidenote, The Casual Vacancy comes out soon!! Pre-order, pre-order, pre-order!!!!
2) Judy Blume - She practically defined young adult literature for girls. I love her.
3) Nancy Pearl - The "celebrity" librarian who actually has an action figure modeled after her. Living the dream.
4) Caroline Cooney - One of my all-time favorite YA authors from when I was a teen. She's still cranking out books today and drawing in readers.
5) Beverly Cleary - Another staple in my childhood reading life. Every week, I used to check out Socks just for fun. I don't even like cats.
6) Tina Fey - I'll allow it because she wrote her memoir, is a screenwriter, and has glasses.
7) Kathleen Horning - She is the author of my favorite library textbook: From Cover to Cover: Evaluating and Reviewing Children's Books. She knows what she's talking about, folks.
8) Lois Lowry - Same as Blume, Cooney and Cleary. I lived off of Lowry's work, particularly the Anastasia Series.
9) AV Club Bloggers - This one is a little weird I guess. But I love this blog and trust it for all TV related information and analyses. Having a conversation with them would be interesting.
10) Jon Scieszka - I love his picture books unconditionally. Also, his website Guys Read, while promoting the idea of boy books and girl books, is a useful tool to find books that yes, guys will enjoy.
11) Stephanie Meyers - Just so I can ask "why?"
More at The Broke and the Bookish