Sep 18, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Bookish People You Want To Meet

The top "bookish" people I want to meet in absolutely no order (aside from number 1)

1) JK ROWLING!!! I would want her genius to rub off on me.  Sidenote, The Casual Vacancy comes out soon!! Pre-order, pre-order, pre-order!!!!


2) Judy Blume - She practically defined young adult literature for girls.  I love her.


3) Nancy Pearl - The "celebrity" librarian who actually has an action figure modeled after her. Living the dream.


4) Caroline Cooney - One of my all-time favorite YA authors from when I was a teen.  She's still cranking out books today and drawing in readers.


5) Beverly Cleary - Another staple in my childhood reading life.  Every week, I used to check out Socks just for fun.  I don't even like cats.


6) Tina Fey - I'll allow it because she wrote her memoir, is a screenwriter, and has glasses.


7) Kathleen Horning - She is the author of my favorite library textbook: From Cover to Cover: Evaluating and Reviewing Children's Books.  She knows what she's talking about, folks.  



8) Lois Lowry - Same as Blume, Cooney and Cleary.  I lived off of Lowry's work, particularly the Anastasia Series.



9) AV Club Bloggers - This one is a little weird I guess.  But I love this blog and trust it for all TV related information and analyses.  Having a conversation with them would be interesting.



10) Jon Scieszka - I love his picture books unconditionally.  Also, his website Guys Read, while promoting the idea of boy books and girl books, is a useful tool to find books that yes, guys will enjoy.



Bonus: 
11) Stephanie Meyers - Just so I can ask "why?"

More at The Broke and the Bookish

3 comments:

  1. Rowling & Tina Fey are 2 I would love to meet too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I'd definitely pick JK Rowling. New follower.

    Check out my TTT if you get a chance. Fair warning, I cheated this week.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, Jon Scieszka's books are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete